Sunday, February 8, 2015

Month of no heat hairstyles: Week 1

So recently my hair has not been agreeing with me. Usually when this happens I just either trim my ends or do a deep conditioner to revive it and add tons of moisture. However neither of those options worked for me this time. So I decided to make the month if February a "month of no heat hairstyles." And no it has nothing to do with it being a short month, although that is a perk! I already miss my curling iron more than I ever thought I could miss an object before. But I know it will be worth it in the long run, and not only can I try out a bunch of fun different styles but it will also save the integrity of my hair by giving it a break from all the heat!

So here is my first week of heatless styles:


(Left to right)
1: This was SuperBowl Sunday so I had to represent the Hawks, so I just threw a beanie on top of 3 day old hair and scrunched in some texturizer in my ends.

2: Fish braid off to the side with a few tendrils around the face and bobby pins holding the back loose pieces into place. 

3: I had a lacy headband that I used to roll all of my hair up into and then bobby pinned to hold in place. Super quick and so much easier than you would think!

4: This was airdried after washing it the night before and sleeping in damp hair. I just ran my fingers through it in the morning and left it down for the day since it was just a lazy day at home.

5: This was an early morning for me since I had to be up at 5:30 so I just threw it up into a quick bun. This is my go to quick do. 

6: I teased the top of my hair and put it all into a very low ponytail. Separating the hair directly above the hair tie, you'll pull the whole pony tail up and over through the hole that you just separated. Then I braided it all the way down and tied it off with another hair tie. Then I rolled it up into a bun and secured it with bobby pins. 

7: Today I just threw a baseball hat on and scrunched some texturizer into my ends and called it good. 

Things you'll need:

1: brush/comb
2: teasing comb
3: bobby pins
4: hairspray
5: texturizer (I use 'not your mothers beach babe texturizing lotion.')
6: hair ties
7: headband

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to click subscribe on the sidebar! :) 



6 comments:

  1. Hey, lady! Just dropping in to say hi and I hope you'll have another no heat hairstyles post soon -- I'm trying to kick the blow dryer habit too since my hair has been so difficult lately!

    xo,
    Elizabeth
    www.episeofcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! How've you been?! Just posted week 2. I know I'm a week late. :/

      Delete
  2. You look so great, I wish I could get away with no heat, only thing I can do is french braid my hair and even then I have to straighten my fringe.

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'The I Quit Sugar Hairy Dieters Recipe Books'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it just takes a little creativity and practice. You can do it! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like it. And thanks for reading. :)

      Delete